To register for an event, please contact the organiser direct using the details below.
Please check timings and venue details with the organiser.
- This event has passed.
Digital Glasgow 2023
26 October @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Glasgow is one of the fastest-growing tech centres in Europe. According to a recent report from Dealroom, the city is bucking a largely downward European trend for startup and scaleup venture capital investment. It has entered what Scotland’s chief entrepreneur, Mark Logan, recently called a “virtuous cycle”, with a growing cluster of tech companies starting to reinforce each other’s success.
The city by the Clyde has long been an economic powerhouse, and the tech sector aspires to live up to its rich industrial heritage. All the signs point in the right direction. With Glasgow named as one of the UK’s three Innovation Accelerators, backed with private sector redevelopment of key infrastructure, and academic support, the tech cluster is on a significant growth trajectory.
Digital Glasgow 2023, supported by The Times Scotland, will bring together policymakers, business leaders, educators and community stakeholders to explore the opportunities and challenges of economic growth and digital transformation across the city.
Join us as we chart the next steps for the city and the wider ‘metro region’ as it looks to secure its place in the global firmament of rising tech stars.
The full day conference will also provide:
- An update on the progress of the City Region Deal and Innovation Accelerator programme
- A focus on key sectors including fintech, life sciences and space
- Skills and infrastructure investment to stimulate the region’s digital economy
- An insight into locally-funded programmes that are helping to boost jobs, productivity, exports and innovation
- Update on tech ecosystem and startups funding opportunities for growth
- Understanding how regions can learn from one another, work together and partner with local and national agencies
- Networking opportunities and sharing best practice
Engineering Scotland does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the diary postings on this web site.
Intending attendees are urged to check all details with the event organiser.
Send email to the Honorary Secretary with any questions or comments about this web site.
The registered address of Engineering Scotland is:
c/o Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders in Scotland, 105 West George Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 1QL
Tel: 0141 248 3721