To register for an event, please contact the organiser direct using the details below.
Please check timings and venue details with the organiser.
- This event has passed.
Hydropower Engineering 2023
1 June @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Hydropower plays an increasingly important role in the global energy landscape. Pumped storage technologies will gain greater significance as the percentage of other renewables increases. Whilst hydro is defined as renewable by the nature of its energy source, the services that hydropower can provide, such as energy storage, grid ancillary services and dispatch-ability make it a uniquely versatile component of the energy mix.
This event will cover many technical aspects of the hydropower industry, including the status of the industry now, new opportunities from a developer’s perspective, and new technologies from a manufacturer’s perspective. Alongside this will be the opportunity to form discussion on the key challenges found when realising the above opportunities.
The topics covered in this seminar will include small and large hydro, both in the UK and internationally as well as the challenges invoked surrounding marine and freshwater forms of hydro. To ensure the event remains a relevant resource for the future of the global energy mix, the inclusion of large hydro and pumped storage will also be focalised.
Join this seminar to:
- Deepen your knowledge of contemporary projects in pumped storage, tidal energy and conventional hydropower engineering
- Hear insights from key hydropower industry leaders including operators, manufacturers and government bodies
- Address challenges associated with the operation, maintenance and refurbishment of hydropower plants
- Learn about the challenges of grid network stability, and the role of hydropower in supporting the further adoption intermittent renewable energy sources
- Maintain and boost your professional network and join the conversation during interactive discussion sessions
- Meet developers, consultants, manufacturers and other players in hydropower to glean insights and shape strategies
Early Bird discount ends on 31 March 2023
Booking multiple tickets or on behalf of someone else? Email us
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you’re an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
Engineering Scotland does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the diary postings on this web site.
Intending attendees are urged to check all details with the event organiser.
Send email to the Honorary Secretary with any questions or comments about this web site.
The registered address of Engineering Scotland is:
c/o Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders in Scotland, 105 West George Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 1QL
Tel: 0141 248 3721