To register for an event, please contact the organiser direct using the details below.
Please check timings and venue details with the organiser.
- This event has passed.
Using Daylighting Performance to Optimise Façade Design
3 July 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
The seminar about optimising the building façade (with the Virtual Environment) using annual daylight performance for comfort and energy use. Topics to be discussed include:
- Using climate based daylight modelling (CBDM) in RadianceIES to investigate captured daylight through annual performance metrics.
- How CBDM can feedback on the impact from façade design strategies to visual comfort by reviewing annual illuminance, sDA, ASE, UDI.
- Reviewing the annual impact of internal shades working in conjunction with the façade’s architectural design features.
- Understanding how seasonal, climatic, topographical and surrounding building impacts can be quantified for true daylight performance.
- How CBDM can be used to target enhanced daylight capture with reduced artificial lighting energy use.
Utilising daylight sensors based on the CBDM method and then feeding into an ApacheSim energy simulation to investigate daylight dimming strategies.
Speaker: Colin Rees, Consultancy Manager, Integrated Environmental Solutions Ltd
Engineering Scotland does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the diary postings on this web site.
Intending attendees are urged to check all details with the event organiser.
Send email to the Honorary Secretary with any questions or comments about this web site.
The registered address of Engineering Scotland is:
c/o Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders in Scotland, 105 West George Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 1QL
Tel: 0141 248 3721